Starting at $649.89
The Ridge Spirit Outfitting OC2 Bulkhead Saddle is based off of the proven design of the OC1 saddle, and is also available in two configurations based on boat depth. The RSO OC2 saddle is designed for more modern/shorter tandem canoes where the two paddlers are placed closely together. For longer tandem canoes where more spacing is needed between paddlers, it is recommended to install two separate bulkheads. All RSO OC2 saddles come pre-drilled for pumps and wiring. All saddles will require carving to fit the paddler, and may require trimming of the outside edges of the thigh hooks to fit the canoe.
If you are interested in purchasing an OC2 saddle, please contact us. We keep very limited stock of materials to build these types of saddles on-hand.
OC2 saddles are subject to our storage fees if delivery is not taken within 30 days of completion. Click here for more details.
The standard height OC2 saddle features:
- 8 inch seat width
- 9 inch seat height
- 8 inch deep thigh hooks
- 28 inch spacing between the two seat-backs
- Yakima-style adjustable foot braces countersunk into the saddle
- Three HDPE floating thwart dowels that will never rot
- Channels cut to countersink thwarts into the saddle
- Two square pass-thrus for water transfer and pump placement
- ¼ inch of Minicel under both pass-thrus to reduce stress risers on the hull
- Pre-drilled holes for bilge hose and wiring for the pump kit
- Drain hole in crotch to reduce water collecting in lap
- Mounting point for battery on rear of saddle
- Large 1 inch thick Minicel knee pads
The short OC2 saddle is ideal for older whitewater canoe designs, or typically any tandem canoe with a depth of 13 inches or less. The short saddle features a reduced seat height of 8 inches for a lower center of gravity, 6 inch deep thigh hooks, and a modified geometry to maintain comfort. All other features of the standard height OC2 saddle are included on the short height saddle.